Main Responsibilities and Tasks-
1)Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention.
2) Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting protocols.
3) Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
4) Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
5) Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
6) Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
7)Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimise the quality of care.
8) Knows and ensures all medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
9) Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organising and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
1) In an isolation facility to treat COVID-19 there will be strict rules on infection prevention and control which will mean that patients are not allowed to have their family as caretakers on the ward.
2) The Medical Doctors will have to adhere to the strict infection prevention and control guidelines that will be present on the ward in order to ensure that onward transmission of the disease is mitigated.
3) PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) will be provided to all staff working in the treatment facility and training will be provided to ensure the staffs are able to carry out their daily tasks.
4) The Medical Doctor will be reporting to the Medical Activity Manager and will be assigned a group of patients during each shift, working both day shifts and night shifts in the same pattern as the other clinical staff.
Required Working Days-
The nature of the work requires presence during night shifts, weekends and Public Holidays as per duty roster. Sundays are considered as a weekday. Special arrangements are only considered for official Public Holidays (as per Internal Rules and Regulations).
Only Candidates who are based in Bangalore are eligible to apply for this position.
MBBS degree with full & valid registration from Medical council of India or state medical council.
2-3 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training).
As this recruitment is for a specific emergency response on COVID-19, it is important that staff only apply for this position if they do not have one of the major risk factors for COVID namely existing cardiac complications, diabetes, hypertension, pregnancy or age > 50 years.
Interested doctors may write to email@example.com with their CV and desired compensation details.
- Salary Offer 10-14 LPA
- Minimum Experience 2 Years
- Maximum Experience 4 Years